Sunday, March 23, 2008

Imagine the Bunny!

I had a wonderful Easter today, and I made sure to take pictures to share with my beloved internet friends. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced my camera cable, so this post is pictureless.

Maybe if I describe the pictures I took, after reading the descriptions, y'all could close your eyes and imagine the photos in all of their digital glory. Let's try it.

I woke up this morning to bake bread for Easter. I made sure to position my kneading board where it would get the best diffused spring morning light. I arranged the dough (after shaping it into an even, yet rustic blob) on a lightly floured board. Snap! Picture one! See isn't this fun?

I joined the sleeves to my sweater and began knitting the raglan decreases. If you look closely, you can see that the ribbing is probably going to line up along the decreases just like in the book. Snap! Picture two! I swear to god this whole imagination thing is the technology of the future.

After returning from an afternoon at the theater, I made a pot of vegan jambalaya (I know, oxy-moron, but it's passable and I like having someone to sleep next to). I also made (vegan) fried cabbage and (so not vegan it hurts) macaroni and cheese. Arranged artfully with the rustic, yet perfect bread from this morning, embroidered napkins, buckets of cold beer and raspberry malt liquor and you have Snap! Picture three!

Wasn't that fun? Mental pictures are often richer and more saturated than the origional, anyway. (maybe while my head is hanging in shame my camera cord will pass into my field of vision.)

3 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You have demonstrated that photos are actually overrated--merely a lurid, tawdry gimmick. TEXT is SO the new photo, thanks to you!

Anonymous said...

Well, now I don't know if I even WANT to see photos, because I have already imagined the perfect Martha Stewart spread!

BEESTLYproducts said...

you photos are lovely. hehe.