Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This One's for My Infants

I don't know if it's the unseasonably cool weather, the rush before the start of school or the coming apocalypse, but I'm finishing my knitting projects.
Check it:
Baby Srprise Jacket

I wish I had a closer photo of the collar because it's a bit wonky, not helped by the fact that I crocheted it four times. Apparently I'm going for the artfully handmade aesthetic. No worries. Wonky collars like this go for $75 in my 'hood. It will look smashing on the daughter of a militant reformist-feminist performance artist.

I left the jacket buttoned while it blocked, and I must say it made for some pretty sweet button holes. Look how nicely the buttons stand up, too! Sigh, it's the small things that keep us from being cool.

Baby Surprise Jacket

Okay, I'm wrapping this mofo and sending it on it's way, but first I'm going to go out today and do all of the things I said I was going to do this summer, but never got around to.

Baby Sweater

Keep it real y'all

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yeah, those buttonholes are indeed totally sweet! I love the color you chose, it's very old fashioned:)

BEESTLYproducts said...

nice! i like the buttons.