Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Summer Vacation

The end of the semester is nigh. This means one of two things:
1. I spend the summer reading, baking bread, knitting, blogging etc. I could take up running, I could visit family and friends and tend to my garden. I could explore all of the botanicas in chi-town to see who has the best selection of candles, fresh herbs and livestock (sometimes a man needs a new rooster) or I could catch up on all of the theory readings I didn't understand this semester and produce a grand body of proposals for the upcoming school year. Any and all of this could be done while enjoying the beautiful Chicago summer.

2. I get a second job. I spend said glorious days in a kitchen making food for the million people enjoying the beautiful Chicago summer. I pay off some credit card debt, buy a new camera and restock my savings account during the absolute last summer vacation of my life.

We shall see.

Speaking of summer and school, I have produced some work that, while existing in the dark gloom of my studio, can be reproduced through the magic of photography fo you, my dear friends.

100_1679
eh?

100_1684

This project doubles as grad school studio work and my summer garden. Priceless.

I have been knitting, covertly. There's alot of pressure to be focused 'round these parts. I guess that has something to do with learning, credentials, etc. I, however, being the flightiest, most prone to daydream weeks away at a time, need to present the outward appearance that I'm avoiding distractions.

Imbetween these boughts of posturing, I knit this:

100_1704

I have an eight hour departmental meeting on Saturday, so I plan to really blast through this sucker.
Well, that's the plan anyway.

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I feel that you should split the difference between option a and option b...is that a possibility?

BEESTLYproducts said...

i like that stripy yarn.

you have to work for the rest of your life, take the summer off :-)