Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A litle bit worried

We got a show at the Museum of Contemporary Art so I'm back to knitting worsted weight stockings after a short hiatus. Yesterday I turned a heel on the bus in about half the time with about half the difficulty it normally takes me to turn a heel. Now, if I were the kind of person who believed that "sometimes it just works", I would be content. Unfortunately I'm not that kind of person and when I factor in the time it's been since I last turned a heel, the fact that I didn't even glance at the pattern and that I was deeply engrossed in conversation, I'm a bit worried. The heel actually looks good, but I wonder if this is one of those Fight Club-type situations where a string of seemingly innocuous mistakes go unnoticed until they meet a catalyst and transform into woolen napalm. What if the moment they make contact with a sink with the exact ratio of water/woolwash they detonate and take out half a city block? Wish me luck friends.

4 comments:

Knit - R - Done said...

Only one way to find out...

Team Knit said...

good luck!! let us know how it turns out.

- Julie

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok you are now changing the name of this blog to 'Fight Club Knits'!!

milouson said...

good luck! :)