Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cluck

I eat meat like it's going out of style. I like it fried, grilled, roasted, barbecued. As long as it once had a face, I'll eat it and with gusto. Andrew, a vegetarian, has expressed some concern due to the great joy I take in consuming animals. My theory is that if something is going to die for me to eat, I should really enjoy it. I think we should acknowledge where our food comes from and appreciate the life that was given up for it. So this weekend I took a chicken from a live hen, to freaking delicious.

Chicken

And it was good.

3 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh Yeah...My fave bumper sticker is "I Live Animals...They're Delicious!"

Knit - R - Done said...

I just don't like meat. If I did, I'm sure I'd eat it all day long. I have very little self control.

It's nice to find some joy here and there.

BEESTLYproducts said...

wow!
i'm totally impressed. i always have a sort of debate with my veggie friends. they'll eat fritos like they're going out of style but don't appreciate real food from real sources.